Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Studying Without Knowing

All semester I have tried to work hard to do all of the assignments in each of my classes, but it seems like I never know where I stand in my classes until the very end of the semester. I have always thought this made school hard because it makes it harder for the students to stay motivated throughout the long semester. Before my mission this made it easy for my to procrastinate all semester and not realize how terrible my grades were until the very end. When my father returned from his mission he was on academic probation from his freshman year. He told me during my first semester back from the mission that when he came home from the mission he didn’t know how he was going to do in school. He felt like he was different but he wasn’t sure. He didn’t know until the very end of the semester that he had aced every class. I think that return missionaries really improve their ability to be diligent and have hope that everything is going to work out. We are coming down to the very end of the semester and it is that time to find out how our grades are lining up. I hope that everything will turn out well.

2 comments:

  1. I'm hate that nervous feeling of borderline grades and not really knowing how you're doing in a class!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Travis,
    Blog 100%. Thanks for your contributions in class.

    ReplyDelete