Tuesday, March 30, 2010

General Conference

I am so excited for General Conference this next weekend!! I love hearing the Prophet, Apostles and other General Authorities speak to us. When I was in the mission I would get so excited for General Conference because I knew that I was going to hear the Brethren speak to me in my native language. There is such a power that comes from hearing them speak and not some translator. It used to give me so much happiness to invite investigators to General Conference and tell them that a living Prophet was going to speak to them, along with Christ's Apostles. I think most people thought I was crazy but Oh Well!! It really is amazing if we think about it. If other christian faiths found out that a person like Moses or Noah was going to speak to them, how excited would they be to hear them? They would be ecstatic, but just because they don't believe the "Mormons" they don't realize and understand that this is what is actually happening. I feel so grateful to know the truth and to know that no matter what happens, Christ's church will always be led in the correct direction. I really think that General Conference is a wonderful way for our Heavenly Father to answer some of the questions that we have had in our prayers. The leaders always seem to say those perfect things that touch our hearts in the the perfect way. I am so excited to listen to them this weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment